Avatar-based marketing event in Second Life (Future Salon)
From the official release:
Marketing To Avatars Discussion In Second Life This Friday
Fellow Electric Sheepers Chris Carella/Satchmo Prototype and Giff Constable/Forseti Svarog both recently linked to a Harvard Business Review article called Avatar-Based Marketing by Paul Hemp.
This Friday at 12 PM PDT I’ll be in discussion on the topic (donning my me-based avatar) with Paul and some other peops at the virtual Harvard Berkman Center for Internet & Society.
From James/Hamlet Au’s New World Notes blog:
"“Avatar-based Marketing: What’s the future of Real Life Companies Marketing to Second Life Avatars?” Friday, June 23 at Noon, Second Life Time (i.e., PST), Berkman Island.
The author himself will also be there in avatar form as Hempman Richard. Event’s open to the public, but space is limited.
- Hempman Richard (aka Paul Hemp, Senior Editor, Harvard Business Review)
- Cristiano Midnight (SLUniverse/Snapzilla)
- SNOOPYbrown Zamboni (aka Jerry Paffendorf, Second Life Future Salon/Electric Sheep Company)
- Zero Grace (aka blogger Tony Walsh, Clickable Culture)
- Razor Rinkitink (aka Raz Schionning, Director of Web Services, American Apparel, with just-opened Second Life outlet)
- Hamlet Au (aka blogger Wagner James Au, New World Notes)
Direct portal to Berkman Island here.
IM Ansible Berkman to pre-reserve a spot.