Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- Name: Aleks
- Location: United Kingdom
I am a PhD student examining the relationship between communication patterns and group processes in information diffusion through an online community.
I'm exploring the social networks of virtual world Second Life, which displays social properties reflective of offline social life.
Because it's digital, I can capture social interaction in ways which real life methods are unable to offer.
Using social network analysis and surveys, I intend to understand how the hardware of interpersonal ties effects the software of interpersonal interaction.
- Linkology: how the top 50 blogs are related to one...
- AvaDating (Guardian Gamesblog sneak-peek)
- Event at the Social Simulation Research Lab
- Calling all Second Lifers!
- Event: Technology 2.0
- MMOGs on BBC Culture Shock (by me)
- Who owns the [North American] Internet?
- Salon: You are who you know
- Guardian wins Newspaper of the Year
- The Social Affordances of Email aren't so simple