Monday, March 20, 2006
- Name: Aleks
- Location: United Kingdom
I am a PhD student examining the relationship between communication patterns and group processes in information diffusion through an online community.
I'm exploring the social networks of virtual world Second Life, which displays social properties reflective of offline social life.
Because it's digital, I can capture social interaction in ways which real life methods are unable to offer.
Using social network analysis and surveys, I intend to understand how the hardware of interpersonal ties effects the software of interpersonal interaction.
- Event: What is e-Social Science?
- Tim Berners-Lee on the Semantic Web
- Big business blogs will discredit social software
- Guardian gets love for its approach to online publ...
- A new word for Web 2.0
- Flash vid: Epic 2015
- Ubiquitous WiFi will transform society
- Blogging killed the TV star
- eBay gets in on community webspace Meetup.com
- FBI caution parents about social networking sites